Frequently asked questions
- We file claims quickly, completely, accurately and electronically. We file every claim within a day of receiving it from you. Before we file we have checked each claim for patient eligibility, claim coding, modifier use, and other errors to make sure that every claim filed is clean. This is the single most important step to improve your cashflow. You’ll see the difference right away.
- We follow up on EVERY denied claim. Guaranteed. If any claims are rejected by the clearinghouse or the payer we follow up every time. And we keep following up until you get paid. This can improve your cashflow dramatically – particularly if your current biller isn’t as committed to collections as we are.
- We get you enrolled in the plans that matter – faster. Poor quality credentialing can be costing you $20,000 per week. We fix that right away, and get you working smarter, faster.
We’ll file all your claims electronically. We collect the encounter information from you in any format that works for you – paper, fax, email, or electronically. We then process it and within 48 hours the claim is on file with the insurance company, being reviewed for payment.
We believe that it is never more cost-effective to do medical billing in-house. We use a 3-way matrix to model the cost of medical billing:
Direct costs (the ones you pay directly):
- sick days
- health insurance
- other benefits
- office furniture
- IT support
- Human resources
- Billing system
Opportunity costs (lost revenue and lost time):
- lost revenue from poor processes
- physician time that you spend on billing that you could spend on seeing patients
Costs you’re probably not even spending, that we invest on your behalf:
- Coding intelligence (software and literature)
- Management time and supervision
When we add these together we never find that in-house billing is cheaper. It’s almost impossible to replicate what we do with an in-house team, no matter how accomplished, for anything approaching the same cost.
There are no set up costs for billing services. We only get paid when you get paid.
Talk to us today and we can be submitting electronic claims for you within a week. We’ll discuss with you what timescale makes most sense for you and your practice given your unique circumstances. Our job is to enhance your cashflow and we plan to do that from day 1.
Almost half our claims are paid in 2 weeks or less. 94% of our claims are paid in 30 days or less.
94% of our claims are paid within 30 days – the best protection against uncollected claims is to make sure most claims are paid first time.
For the few claims not paid on the first pass we follow up on 100% of uncollected claims. We’re on the case – every time, until you get paid for the work you do.